PRN Licensed Practical Nurse
DescriptionResponsible for performing the function of a LPN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating all assigned patient care in collaboration under the direct supervision of an RN for ages newborn thru geriatric patients. Is accountable for all patient care he/she gives during time of duty. Is responsible for adhering to standards of nursing practice, for managing supplies and equipment under the direction of an RN and for promoting team work with physicians and personnel of other departments.
- Assesses the health status of patients included in her assignment as directed and supervised by an RN and reports and documents observations accurately and timely.
- Reviews medication regime of assigned patients for errors and duplication of medication and/or orders.
- Reviews and organizes task of medication administration.
- Cooperates with the RN in implementing planned changes and activities to improve nursing care.
- Documents necessary actions implemented and effectiveness of implementation in flowsheet.
- Knowledgeable of location, care and operation of equipment used in unit.
- Administers medications in an orderly effective and efficient manner following appropriate policy and procedure, including child/adolescent/geriatric/adult medications.
- Provides assigned treatments in a accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains a clean, organized medication cart and restocks supplies as necessary/
- Provides a calm reassuring atmosphere and communicates effectively with each patient’s family to reduce stress.
- Adheres to nursing policy and procedure on medication administration and IV therapy in regards to duties of an LPN.
- Infection control and safety policies and procedures are implemented per hospital policy and procedure.
- Follows Standard Precautions in providing patient care.
- Responsible for taking and recording accurate vital signs.
- Maintains safety of the child/adolescent/geriatric/adult patient.
- Responsible for using appropriate communication skills with the child/adolescent/geriatric/adult patient.
Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing and compliance with the nurse Practice Act of the State of Illinois regarding professional nursing.
License or Certificate Required:
Current nursing license in the state of Illinois
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification