This position will be a support role to the Purchasing Section, whose primary responsibilities will predominantly be in completing and maintaining various purchasing documents and related records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Responsible for document control for LOI's, ECI's, parts quotations, etc. within the Purchasing Department.
● Track appropriate monthly KPI’s for ongoing supplier performance judgement.
● Distribute part design drawings received to suppliers as part specifications.
● Support quotation requests from suppliers, while also supporting supplier selection process.
● Assist with material and component parts procurement process with national and international parts suppliers.
● Issue purchase orders for mass production and trial parts.
● Assist with development and follow-up of purchase order releases based upon thirteen week forecast.
● Assist with adjusting existing purchase order releases based on demand forecast.
● Assist with Inventory Control including verification of inventory amounts for mass production and trial parts.
● Assist with maintaining SPA’s (Supplier Purchase Agreements) with suppliers.
● Assist with issuing a letter of intent (LOI) to national and international suppliers.
● Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
● Assist with any purchasing related activity or survey not otherwise listed above upon request.
● Will perform all other reasonably related tasks within the Company as required by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
● Basic knowledge of electronic and non-electronic parts purchasing process.
● Basic knowledge of electronic and non-electronic parts inventory control functions.
● Fundamental process knowledge.
● General physical ability.
● Excellent written communication skills.
● Excellent time management skills.
● Excellent cooperative personality.
● Excellent organizational skills.
● Advanced computer skills, with strong aptitude with Microsoft Excel. Preferred experience with Oracle (or other equivalent ERP system).
● Ability to think for the Company.
● Ability to interact well with coworkers.
● Ability to understand, follow and implement posted work rules and company procedures.
● Demonstrated passion and positive attitude towards assuming challenges and learning new products, processes, and skills.
● Ability to accept constructive criticism.
● Ability to function independently without requiring assistance from, or disturbing the work of others.